Finding the Wedding Venue that's Right for You
24 September 2013
Choosing the wedding venue that's perfect for what you've for planned for your Big Day is one of the most challenging decisions you'll have to make.
It needs to be practical, affordable and ideal for you and your guests.
There's certainly a lot to consider and knowing where to start can be hard work. That's why Wolverhampton West magazine compiled a guide to the main things you need to think about when you start your search.
- Seeking out a venue will most likely be one of the first things you'll do, so try to establish a rough budget and get an idea of how many guests you'll be inviting.
- think about the kind of wedding you want: a lavish large-scale affair? Or something a little more low-key? The venue provides the back-drop to your big day, so it needs to reflect and compliment the style of your nuptials.
- You've probably got a good idea of which season you want to marry in. Make sure that you get a look at photos of the venue at that particular time of year and don't be afraid to ask about heating/air-conditioning and lighting.
- Find out what the venue offers you. Will you be renting the room or will table, chair and linen hire be available too?
- Although the car park may look big when it's empty, will it accomodate all of your guests vehicles when full? Think about how your guests will get to the location and it they'll be able to park safely and easily when they arrive.
- Find out if catering is carried out in-house by the venue's own staff or if outside caterers are used. See if you can get a taste of the kind of food that's on offer. Also, ask if the waiters are emplyed by the venue or if they're from an agency.
- Do you get to meet and discuss the Wedding Co-prdinator to discuss your day directly before your wedding?
- Don't act in haste. It's worth visiting all of the venues on your shortlist before making a decision. You may come across a venue that seems perfect, but before you sign the contract, ensure that you are thoroughly satisfied that it will provide you with everything you and your guests require.
- Don't feel pressured to book or sign the contract if you're presented with a special offer or cut rate - any good venue will give you time to go away and think before you make your final decision.
Please call Jo Guest on 01902 700100 if you'd like to discuss the possibility of a wedding here at Patshull Park Hotel.